PT always includes a home exercise program (HEP), but I'm suspicious about patients' compliance with their HER I ask patients what sort of exercise the therapist gave them, and if they can't describe the exercises, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that they probably aren't doing their exercises regularly.
What does HEP stand for?
HEP stands for Home Exercise Program (physical therapy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HEP
We have 154 other meanings of HEP in our Acronym Attic
- High Encryption Pack (Microsoft)
- High Energy Particle
- High Energy Physics
- High School Equivalency Program
- High-Explosive Plastic
- Higher Education Perspectives (journal; Canada)
- Higher Education Program (various organizations)
- Hispanic Employment Program
- Home Equity Prepayment
- Home Exercise Plan (health care)
- Hospital Education Program (University of Virginia)
- Household Evaluation Program
- Hrvatska Elektroprivreda Ltd (Croatia)
- Hub Expansion Port
- Hubbell Electrical Products
- Human Engineering Program
- Human Error Probability
- Human Exceptionalism Paradigm
- Huygen's Equivalence Principle
- Hydraulic Energy Products, Inc (Denver, CO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Washington, Feb 9 ( ANI ): Video-based home exercise programs can enhance adherence to a prescribed exercise program, can reduce pain, improve physical function, and improve life quality in patients living with knee osteoarthritis, researchers say.
The study examined discharged physical therapy patient's compliance to their Home Exercise Program under the supervision of a telephone follow-up system.
S and his aide were instructed on a home exercise program.
stimulation treatment education and home exercise program.
Physical therapy and a home exercise program planned by your doctor can help.
Swiss Ball Applications for Orthopedic and Sports Medicine--A Guide for Home Exercise Programs Utilizing the Swiss Ball by Joanne Posner-Mayer.