Separate BoE data showed that, overall, homeowners continued to inject money into their properties, which they have done since the start of the financial crisis, reversing the trend of home equity withdrawal to fund other spending that had dominated the previous decade.
What does HEW stand for?
HEW stands for Home Equity Withdrawal
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HEW
We have 37 other meanings of HEW in our Acronym Attic
- Health, Education & Welfare
- Hewitt Associates, Inc. (stock symbol)
- High Energy Weapon
- High-Efficiency Washer
- High-End Workstation (computer)
- High-Performance Embedded Workshop (Renesas)
- Higher Education Wales
- Highly Entertaining Wrestlers
- Hitachi Embedded Workshop
- Home Entertainment Week (UK)
- Huber Engineered Woods (various locations)
- Hermit Warbler (bird species Dendroica occidentalis)
- Historical Encyclopedia of Western Australia
- Highway Emergency & Weather Advisory Bulletin (California Highway Patrol)
- Higher Education Wireless Access Consortium (Clifton, VA)
- Hand Emplaced Wide Area Mine
- Heat Exchanger with Additive Manufacturing
- House Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee (US)
- HEMTT Based Water Tender
- Health and Education of Women and Children (Junion League of Boston; Boston, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The reliance on home equity withdrawals to fuel current spending is over.
tax reductions and refunds on consumption spending, the additional cash that consumers obtained from home equity withdrawals in the early part of the year, the continuation of large financial incentives to purchase automobiles, and so on.