He is the first Chinese priest to be publicly declared excommunicated by the Holy See since 1976, the end of the Cultural Revolution.
What does VAT stand for?
VAT stands for Holy See (Vatican City, ISO Country code)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VAT
We have 103 other meanings of VAT in our Acronym Attic
- Voice and Speech Trainers Association
- Virginia Statistics
- Virtual Advanced Software Technology Consortium
- Virginia Aerospace Science and Technology Scholars
- Variable Speed Towed Target
- Virtual Active Sensor Training Tool (US Navy)
- Vejle Amts Sociale Udviklingscenter (Danish: Social Development group)
- Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- Virtual Airline Stock Exchange (gaming)
- Validation of Systems
Samples in periodicals archive:
The budget of the Holy See includes the Vatican Secretariat of State and its diplomatic missions around the world, Vatican congregations and pontifical councils, the Holy See's investment portfolio and properties, as well as the Vatican media network.
We trust that the Holy See will clarify the situation and affirm that it will uphold its legal and moral responsibility, as a High Contracting Party to the Fourth Geneva Convention, and ensure that any agreement upholds the Holy See's position affirming the Palestinian people's right to self-determination and independence on the territory Israel occupied in 1967, including East Jerusalem," said Shaath in a statement.
Summary: VATICAN CITY: The Vatican issued a new rule Friday requiring anyone bringing 10,000 euros ($14,000) or more into Vatican City to declare it, the latest initiative by the Holy See to come into compliance with international finance norms.
Americans are the most generous donors to the Holy See, and many contributions from other countries are denominated in dollars.