com VACATION The Holy Land Experience is a kind of Christian museum/ theme park located in Orlando, Florida.
What does HLE stand for?
HLE stands for Holy Land Experience (Christian exhibit and museum; Orlando, FL)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HLE
We have 37 other meanings of HLE in our Acronym Attic
- Host Language Document Type
- Hostile Litho-Density Tool
- Human Logic Deficiency Virus
- High Level Design Validation and Test (Workshop)
- High-Level Defense Waste
- Half-Life Elite (gaming, Half-Life modification)
- Healthy Life Expectancy
- Hertz Local Edition
- High Level Estimate
- Higher Layer Entity (computing)
- Home Learning Environment (early education)
- Houston Language Emulator
- Humane Law Enforcement (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and New York City Police Department)
- Heartland Lions Eye Banks
- Healthy Living East Cambridgeshire (UK)
- Human Lens Epithelial Cell (eye)
- High Level Experts Group
- Horse Leukocyte Elastase Inhibitor
- Horizontal-Loop Electromagnetic (system)
- Header Length
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ancient and medieval strategies to conjure Temple iconography take on a new twist in the twenty-first century's reanimation of the Jerusalem Temple at a recently established and controversial biblical theme park, the Holy Land Experience in Orlando, Florida (Figure 5).
95 Paperback HT321 In introducing 15 studies of theme parks and other themed spaces, Lukas (anthropology and sociology, Lake Tahoe College, California) overviews the ways in which such diverse themed spaces as Dollywood, Las Vegas casinos, the Holy Land Experience (Orlando, Florida), Japanese love hotels, and video games meet needs beyond those of retailers and escapist fantasy.
ie CAPTION(S): GOD'S WORK: The Holy Land Experience has several religious attractions; GET HEALED: Christ and a blind man co-star in The Ministry Of Jesus show; PASSION PLAY: Roman legionnaires are the support cast in the crucifixion; MEETING JESUS: Audience participation is encouraged in Holy Land park; WAY OF THE CROSS: The re-enactment of the crucifixion of Christ is one of the highlights of a visit to the saved Holy Land Experience theme park in Orlando, Florida
CAPTION(S): GOD'S WORK: The Holy Land Experience has a variety of religious attractions; HEALING HAND: Christ and a blind man co-star in The Ministry of Jesus show; NAILED TO THE CROSS: Roman soldiers are the support cast in the crucifixion; MEETING JESUS: Audience participation is encouraged at the Holy Land park; STAR OF THE SHOW: The re-enactment of the crucifixion of Christ is one of the highlights of a visit to the saved Holy Land Experience theme park in Orlando AP PHOTO
Feuerherd's visit to "the center of evangelical kitsch," a Florida amusement park called the Holy Land Experience, a place where the stories of God are acted out against a replica of ancient Jerusalem.