A new holonic manufacturing system (HMS) is an organisation model based on the integration of people, technological utilities and computers into autonomous and cooperating units, with the purpose of increasing the flexibility, configurability and strength of the system when faced with perturbances and internal or external variations.
What does HMS stand for?
HMS stands for Holonic Manufacturing System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HMS
We have 326 other meanings of HMS in our Acronym Attic
- Hillsborough Middle School (New Jersey)
- Hind Mazdoor Sabha (India)
- Hind Mazdoor Sabha (Indian trade union)
- His/Her Majesty Ship (UK)
- His/Her Majesty's Submarine/Ship (UK)
- History of Mine Safety
- Hitachi Medical Systems (various locations)
- Hitachi Metals Singapore (Hitachi Metals Group)
- Hobbs Municipal Schools (New Mexico)
- Holmes Middle School (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
- Home Media Server
- Home Media Station (multimedia entertainment)
- Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Horace Mann School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (est. 1869; Allston, MA)
- Horizontally Meandered Strip (microwave)
- Hospital Management System
- Hospitality Management System
- Hosted Managed Service
- Hotel Management System
- Hour Minute Second
Samples in periodicals archive:
Holonic Manufacturing Systems National Centre for Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS) Publications http://www.
The division is based on the Holonic Manufacturing Systems (HMS) reference architecture Product-Resource-Order-Staff Architecture, (PROSA) (Van Brussel et al.