Youthful exuberance is acceptable in its place but the ability to hold your tongue, sit at peace and speak when you're spoken to is a vital lesson - not just for school but in life.
What does HYT stand for?
HYT stands for Hold Your Tongue
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of HYT
We have 4 other meanings of HYT in our Acronym Attic
- Have You Seen This
- Have Your Stuff Together (emergency preparations)
- Hua Yuan Science Technology Association (Silicon Valley, CA)
- Hydrographic Sounding, Tracking and Recording System
- Hypersonic Systems Technology Program
- Hydraulic System Test and Repair Unit
- Hydrographic Survey and Charting System
- High Year Tenure
- High Yield Technology (Pacific Scientific; Sunnyvale, CA)
- Highest Yoga Tantra
- Hot Young Thing
- Hungry Young Talent Media and Entertainment (marketing, consulting, and production)
- Holmes Youthful Trainee Act (Michigan)
- Hybrides Teilnehmer-Anschluss-System (Deutsche Telekom)
- Hawaii Youth Triathlon Club (Honolulu, HI)
- Hypertext Environment for Authoring (Esprit)
- Hydrogen Thermo-Electrochemical Converter
- Hypersonic Technology
- Hypertextual and Hypermedial Technical Documentation
- Helping Youth Through Educational Scholarships (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
So, hold your tongue and remember the plaster will soon be gone as will the whole problem, hopefully.
George Eliot Community School, in Raveloe Drive, has signed up for Macmillan Cancer Relief's Hold Your Tongue Challenge.
They will have the chance to take part in the Hold Your Tongue 10-minute sponsored silence on February 26.
The date for the silence, named Hold Your Tongue, has been set for February 26.