Ranger Michael "Mike" Maguire, 21, originally from County Cork, Ireland, died at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff on May 2 last year, after being hit by friendly fire at the Castlemartin range in Pembrokeshire.
What does HBFF stand for?
HBFF stands for Hit by Friendly Fire
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HBFF
- Huntingdon-Bedford-Fulton Area Agency on Aging (Pennsylvania)
- Harlem Book Fair Buffalo (New York)
- Horror Bizonho Futebol Clã (Brazilian soccer team)
- House Building Finance Corporation (Pakistan)
- Huddleboard Football Club (Glasgow)
- Hewlett Bay Fire District (Hewlett, NY)
- Hudson Bend Fire Department (Austin, TX)
- Huntington Beach Fire Department (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation (est. 2014; Center City, MN)
- Hollywood Black Film Festival (est. 1988; Hollywood, CA)
- Host Behavior Functional Group (ATM Forum, MPOA SWG)
- Human Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor
- Healthy Bodies for Life (fitness program)
- Harlem Book Fair on Long Island (New York)
- Healthy Black Family Project (Center for Minority Health; University of Pittsburgh; Pennsylvania)
- Hematoxylin-Basic Fuchsin-Picric Acid (histochemical staining technique)
- Hell Bent For Records (music mailorder)
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Daft Punk song)
- Hepatobiliary Functional Scintigraphy (medical technique)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CAPTION(S): GREECE LIGHTNINGGreece celebrate the goal which toppled Ireland at the Aviva s NO SHEA PAST THEM Skipper was disappointed after HIT BY FRIENDLY FIRE Kevin Doyle and Keith Andrews
He was hit by friendly fire from a Spitfire chasing a Junkers 88 over central Edinburgh.
Cameron was hit by friendly fire from a London Mayor after his job.
Byline: by GARETH CRICKMER THE mum of a Para hit by friendly fire in Afghanistan spoke yesterday of her anger at the horrific blunder.
John Simpson's report on being part of a convoy hit by friendly fire during the Iraq conflict was brilliant television, but it was definitely not for the faint-hearted.
I can take it on the chin but I am not going to stand by and see other people being hit by friendly fire on my behalf.