The neuropathological diagnosis in the participants who did not meet pathological criteria for AD included dementia with Lewy bodies, hippocampal sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, subcortical microscopic infarct, mesial temporal lobe neurofibrillary tangles, neurofibrillary tangles with argyrophilic grains and glial tauopathy, and no neuropathology," the authors wrote.
What does HCS stand for?
HCS stands for Hippocampal Sclerosis (neurology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCS
We have 303 other meanings of HCS in our Acronym Attic
- Hertford Choral Society (Hertfordshire, England, UK)
- HES Cabling Systems (Turkey)
- Hierarchical Cell Structure
- High Carbon Steel
- High Class Society
- High Content Screening
- High Current System
- High-Performance Computing and Simulation Research Laboratory
- Highway Capacity Software
- HIH Claims Support (insurance; Australia)
- Histochemical Society
- HIV Care Services (Virginia)
- Hokkaido Computer School (Japan)
- Holderness Central School (New Hampshire)
- Holland Christian Schools
- Holland Construction Services (Swansea, IL)
- Hollywood Casino Shreveport
- Holy Cross Seminary (various locations)
- Home and Community-Based Service Program
- Homewood City Schools (Homewood, AL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The coordinated activity of visual and temporal brain areas was disrupted in the patients with hippocampal sclerosis.
Furthermore, the word sclerosis is commonly applied in other pathologies in which hardening is not the characteristic change, such as multiple sclerosis and hippocampal sclerosis.