Other groups signing the brief were Women of Reform Judaism, the Hindu American Foundation, the Union for Reform Judaism and the Central Conference of American Rabbis.
What does HAF stand for?
HAF stands for Hindu American Foundation (Kensington, MD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HAF
We have 77 other meanings of HAF in our Acronym Attic
- Hawaii Association for the Education of Young Children
- Halogen Acid Furnace
- Headquarters Air Force
- Heartland Arts Fund (now Arts Midwest's Performing Arts Fund; various locations)
- Helicopter Assault Force
- Hellenic Air Force (Greece)
- High Abrasion Furnace (type of carbon black)
- High Altitude Fluorescence
- High Atlas Foundation (New York, NY)
- High-Order Ambiguity Function
- Historic Albany Foundation (Albany, NY)
- Hitachi Accelerated Flash (flash storage)
- Hokkaido Arts Foundation (Hokkaido, Japan)
- Hologram Auto Focus
- Horizontal Air Flow (greenhouse circulation)
- Hospice Angel Flight
- Housing Assistance Fund (various locations)
- Huachangfeng Equipment, Inc. (China)
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Associated Factor
- Humboldt Area Foundation (Bayside, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Hindu American Foundation, for example, strongly urged the National Book Critics Circle not to bestow the award (in a letter of 5 February 2009).
The group behind it, the Hindu American Foundation, has only suggested that people become more aware of yoga's debt to the faith's ancient traditions.
More than 50 organizations signed on to the effort, among them: American Civil Liberties Union, American Humanist Association, American Jewish Committee, Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty, B'nai B'rith International, Catholics for Choice, Center for Inquiry, Hindu American Foundation, National Council of Jewish Women, National Education Association, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, South Asian Americans Leading Together, Texas Freedom Network, Union for Reform Judaism, Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations and United Methodist Church, General Board of Church and Society.
Office of Public Witness, Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty, Friends Committee on National Legislation, Hindu American Foundation, American Baptist Churches USA, Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations, Jewish Council for Public Affairs and the United Church of Christ.
Groups signing the brief alongside Americans United included the American Civil Liberties Union, the ACLU of Delaware, People For the American Way Foundation, the American Jewish Committee, the Union for Reform Judaism and the Hindu American Foundation.
The brief was joined by The Inter-faith Alliance, the Anti-Defamation League, the Hindu American Foundation and the Union for Reform Judaism.
Groups signing the letter include: the American Federation of Teachers, American Association of University Women, Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty, Catholics for Choice, Center for Inquiry, Hindu American Foundation, Interfaith Alliance, National Alliance of Black School Educators, NAACP, National Council of Jewish Women, People For the American Way, Secular Coalition for America, Texas Faith Network, Texas Freedom Network and the United Church of Christ Justice & Witness Ministries.