The majority of the projects from the 1991 Highway Improvement Program (HIP) were undertaken during his time as director.
What does HIP stand for?
HIP stands for Highway Improvement Program (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HIP
We have 318 other meanings of HIP in our Acronym Attic
- Hearing Impaired Person
- Help for Incontinent People (now NAFC: National Association For Continence)
- Helsinki Institute of Physics (Helsinki, FI)
- High Injection Pressure
- High Intensity Pilates (exercise)
- High Intensity Proton
- High-Impedance Probe
- Higher Intermediate Fare Check (airfare construction)
- Highly Important Person
- Highly Integrated Photonics
- Hinge Inquirer Publications (Philippines)
- Hip Inflatable Protection (bag)
- Hiroshima International Plaza (Japan)
- Hispanics in Philanthropy (San Francisco, CA)
- Historic Inman Park (Atlanta, GA)
- Historically Informed Performance (classical music)
- History in Perspective (education)
- History In your Pocket (US Mint children's coin collecting)
- Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park (South Africa)
- Holdeen India Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Historically, the primary purpose for imposing highway user fees at both the federal and state levels has been to raise revenues to finance highway improvement programs.
In Transport & Communication Sector, 6 projects costing Rs 77 billion have been approved/ recommended, mainly included Rehabilitation of KKH at Barrier Lake, Attabad, Hunza and Gilgit-Baltistan (17 Km new + 7 Km Rehabilitation) (Rs 24 billion), National Highway Improvement Program (N-5) (Revised) (Rs 29.
The 1991 highway improvement program is about to expire just as the state is wrapping up the bond-funded construction program for interstate highways.
8 million saplings would be planted on both sides of N-5 from Peshawar to Karachi under the National Highway Improvement Program and 30000 saplings on loop-1 and 2 of the Zero Point Interchange.
Accelerated Rehab Program The Interstate Rehabilitation Program is part of an acceleration of the state's 1991 highway improvement program, the governor's office said, but the financing for the program rose from the ashes of former Gov.