Blacktip shark is managed by the Highly Migratory Species Division of the National Marine Fisheries Service.
What does HMS stand for?
HMS stands for Highly Migratory Species
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMS
We have 326 other meanings of HMS in our Acronym Attic
- Helse Miljø Sikkerhet (Norwegian: Environmental Health Security)
- Hendersonville Middle School (North Carolina)
- Hendrick Motorsports (NASCAR)
- Hepatosplenomegaly (disorder)
- Her/His Majesty's Service
- Her/His Majesty's Ship (UK)
- Heritage Middle School (various locations)
- Herndon Middle School (Herndon, Virginia)
- Hidden Markov Source
- High Melting Scrap
- Highway Mobile Source
- Hillsborough Middle School (New Jersey)
- Hind Mazdoor Sabha (India)
- Hind Mazdoor Sabha (Indian trade union)
- His/Her Majesty Ship (UK)
- His/Her Majesty's Submarine/Ship (UK)
- History of Mine Safety
- Hitachi Medical Systems (various locations)
- Hitachi Metals Singapore (Hitachi Metals Group)
- Hobbs Municipal Schools (New Mexico)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Hawksbill Sea turtles are highly migratory species.
By itself Australia has no control over these stocks of highly migratory species and international action is required.
Atlantic Highly Migratory Species (HMS) Pelagic Fishery: Final rule.
And highly migratory species passing through seasonally aren't likely to settle down and retire to a fishing-free reef, escaping capture.
You can also find the complete proposals by looking up Amendment 5 to the Consolidated Highly Migratory Species Fishery Management Plan online.