Higher order thinking skills were certainly used by the students, as all measurements and calculations for the construction of the board and tiles was done by members of the group.
What does HOTS stand for?
HOTS stands for Higher Order Thinking Skills
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HOTS
We have 13 other meanings of HOTS in our Acronym Attic
- History of the Roman Empire (board game)
- The Confederation of National Associations of Hotels, Restaurants, Cafés and Similar Establishments in the European Union and European Economic Area
- Heart of Texas Region Mental Health Mental Retardation Center
- Ham on the Street (TV show)
- Handover to Support
- Hands on Training System
- Heard on the Street
- Heart of the Swarm (gaming)
- Heating Oil Tank System (remediation regulations; New Jersey)
- Heroes of the Storm (gaming)
- History of Technology and Science (various universities)
- Hitachi-Omron Terminal Solutions (Japan)
- Holiday and Overtime Tracking System
- Honey, O'Hara, Terri, & Sam (movie)
- Heart of Texas Spaniel Club (Manor, TX)
- Hotel Service Optimization System (MTech)
- Heart of Texas Soaring Society (radio-controlled planes)
- Heart of Texas Super Sports (car club)
- Hot Topics in Software Upgrades
- Hands on Technical Training (computer instruction)
Samples in periodicals archive:
089 92 Promotion of higher order thinking skills with technology Between groups 1.
95 Paperback HM586 Focusing on higher order thinking skills rather than memorization and regurgitation, Ballantine (Wright State University) and Roberts (Hanover College) encourage students to apply, analyze, synthesize, evaluate, and comprehend the interconnection of the world through a globally informed sociological imagination.
The sessions encouraged the participants to use higher order thinking skills, journal with emergent writers, engage and discuss research, facilitate reading with young children, learn about new teaching strategies, and unpack a few Web2.
Educational leadership requires the assertion of expertise and a willingness to say, "Yes, we will encourage our students to debate the issues and use higher order thinking skills to come up with their conclusions.
The highly sensitive topic of direct grammar instruction, while taboo for an extended period of time, has resurfaced as a strategy designed to capitalize on the pre-existing structural understanding of one's first language, allowing students to make connections, hypothesize, and utilize higher order thinking skills in the construction of their interlanguage in the process of second language learning.
However, the focus of these studies is on how ICT facilitates the development of higher order thinking skills in a conducive learning environment, where classroom management issues are assumed to have been addressed.