Qortbawi also complained that several key appointments, such as the head of the head of the Higher Judicial Council and the general prosecutor for the Court of Cassation, have been delayed due to political meddling.
What does HJC stand for?
HJC stands for Higher Judicial Council (Iraq)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HJC
We have 23 other meanings of HJC in our Acronym Attic
- Historic Jackson Business Association (California)
- Het Johan Borgman College (Netherlands)
- Hucknall Junior Basketball Club (UK)
- Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman-Isaacs (mathematics)
- Helljumpers.bungie.org (gaming website)
- Helen J. Bray Studios (photography; Holmfirth, Huddersfield, UK)
- Haines, Jones & Cadbury (Bentonville, AR)
- Haryana Janhit Congress (political party; India)
- Heidelberger Judo Club (martial arts; Germany)
- Hellenic Journal of Cardiology (est. 1957)
- Hillcrest Jewish Center (Flushing, NY)
- Hillsborough Justice Campaign (UK)
- House Judiciary Committee
- Hwa Chong Junior College (Singapore)
- Hollings Judicial Center Annex (Charleston, SC)
- Hawaii Job Corps Center (Waimanalo, HI)
- Honolulu Japanese Chamber of Commerce (Honolulu, HI)
- Histiocytosis with Joint Contractures and Sensorineural Deafness
- Houston Jewish Community Foundation (Texas)
- Hebrew and Jewish Cultural Studies
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the official and popular figures who thronged the guest house opposite the prime minister's office to offer their congratulations were princes, former premiers and ministers, the Senate president, the President of the Higher Judicial Council, the chief justice and Sharia judges, parliament members, heads of foreign diplomatic missions as well as other senior civic and military officials.
NNA - The Higher Judicial Council considered on Tuesday that any attempt to tamper with the judiciary or judges takes a toll on the entity of the state and on the society's confidence in the course of justice.
At a symposium on Saturday marking the 100th birthday anniversary of the late Judge Musa Saket, former Chairman of the Higher Judicial Council (HJC) and President of the Supreme Court and Cassation, speakers paid tribute to him, reiterating that his perfectionism and conscience in implementing the Constitution and enforcing the Law had laid the foundation for an independent non-political judiciary system.
The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques shook hands with Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein, Prime Minister Samir Al-Rifai, Head of House of Notables Taher Al-Masri, President of the Higher Judicial Council Ratib Al-Wazani, Head of the Royal Court Nasser Al-Luzi, Advisors to King Abdullah II of Jordan, Jordanian Ambassador to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Qaftan Al-Majali, Saudi Ambassador to Jordan Fahd bin Abdulmohsen Al-Zaid and a number of senior civil and military officials, Arab Ambassadors to Jordan and Saudi Embassy's staff in Jordan.
Mubarak issued a law in 1984, three years after he became president, reinstating the Higher Judicial Council including senior judges.
The 4th ERB conducted the arrest under the authority of a warrant issued by the Higher Judicial Council of the Central Investigative Court of al-Karkh," the statement mentioned.