Fracking -- the high-pressure injection of water, chemicals, and sand to fracture underground rock formations and release trapped natural gas and oil -- along with advances in horizontal drilling, has made it possible to unlock large new reserves of oil and gas from shale formations in the U.
What does HPI stand for?
HPI stands for High-Pressure Injection
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPI
We have 209 other meanings of HPI in our Acronym Attic
- Hellenic Pasteur Institute (Greece)
- Hemera Photo-Object Image
- Hermite Polynomial Interpolant
- Hewlett Packard Invent
- High Performance Insulation
- High Performance Integration
- High Potential Incident (safety)
- High Priority Interrupt (computing)
- High Probability of Intercept
- High-Power Illuminator
- Hindu Press International (Hinduism Today)
- Hire Purchase Information
- Hiroshima Peace Institute (Japan)
- History of Present Illness
- Hobby Products International
- Hogan Personality Inventory
- Holcim Philippines, Inc. (cement manufacturer)
- Holes per Inch (embroidery)
- Home and Property Inspectors (various locations)
- Horizontal Production Integration
Samples in periodicals archive:
The machine is equipped for high-speed and high-pressure injection suitable for demanding packaging systems.
The high-pressure injection pump and inlet liquid sparger system will spray a liquid (hydrocarbon condensate, glycol, compressor oil, mineral oil, methanol, or other liquid as required) directly into gas stream at the inlet nozzle.
9-litre and a 140PS two-litre - make use of VW's high-pressure injection systems for optimum performance and economy.
They have used high-pressure injection technology to create a really good 1.
The petrol engine uses fuel stratified injection, or FSI, to create optimum combustion, while the diesel is the first to use a four-valve cylinder head and high-pressure injection to pump out 140bhp.
A high-pressure injection port allows gases to be introduced into the polymer melt via a special barrel section.