The spindle cells were negative for melanin A, HMB-45, epithelial membrane antigen, pankeratin, muscle actin, CD 117, low-molecular-weight keratin, high-molecular-weight keratin, CD34, CD5, factor VIIIa, and CD45/leukocyte common antigen.
What does HMWK stand for?
HMWK stands for High-Molecular-Weight Keratin (kidney cancer indication)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMWK
- Hard Men Working Hard (band)
- He-Man Woman Haters
- High Molecular Weight Hydrocarbon (petroleum)
- High-Molecular-Weight Heparin
- He-Man Woman Haters Club
- High Molecular Weight High Density Polyethylene
- Highly Mechanised Weapon Handling System
- Hospital Medical Waste Incinerator
- Hessisches Ministerium für Wissenschaft und Kunst (Germany)
- High Molecular Weight Kininogen (blood clotting factor)
- High Molecular Weight Mannoprotein
- High Molecular Weight Methacrylate
- Higher Molecular Weight Multimers
- Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Consortium
- Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Division (Colorado)
- High Molecular Weight Form of Myosin I
- Hazardous Materials & Waste Management Plan
- High Molecular Weight Peptide
- high-molecular-weight protein
Samples in periodicals archive:
Recently, in a report on spindle cell malignant neoplasms on sun-damaged skin, the authors advocated the use of high-molecular-weight keratin as a sensitive and specific marker for spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma.
10) The results of staining with high-molecular-weight keratin are somewhat more variable, as 75 to 95% of the cells stain positively.