received the award for Significant Technical Achievement for outstanding leadership and engineering innovation in the design, construction, and activation of the High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) instrument in Gakona, Alaska.
What does HAARP stand for?
HAARP stands for High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HAARP
We have 1 other meaning of HAARP in our Acronym Attic
- Heat-Aggregated Acute-Phase Serum
- Helicopter Air-to-Air Refueling (aviation)
- High Altitude Acute Response
- High Altitude Aerial Reconnaissance
- Huntsville Area Association of Realtors (Huntsville, AL)
- Hispanic American Amateur Radio Club
- Hastings Area Archaeological Research Group
- Historic Architectural and Archaeology Resources Geographic Information System (Illinois)
- Healthy Americans against Reforming Medicine (Washington, DC)
- High-Altitude Auroral Research Project
- HIV AIDS Asia Regional Program (Bangkok, Thailand)
- High-Altitude Airdrop Resupply System (US DoD)
- Henryetta Animal Aid Rescue Team
- Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy (HIV and AIDS treatment)
- Histamine activating antiviral regressive therapy
- HIV/AIDS Alliance for Region Two, Inc.
- Humanistic Alternatives to Addiction, Research and Treatment
- Hardware as a Service
- Heart of America Aquarium Society (Kansas City)
- Hebei Academy of Agricultural Sciences (China)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It looks like a cable television station, but it's something far more ominous: the military's semi-secret High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP), designed to give the Pentagon strategic control over the upper atmosphere.