Even better would be a new, high-productivity language such as Chapel, which Cray is designing as part of the DARPA High Productivity Computing Systems program.
What does HPCS stand for?
HPCS stands for High Productivity Computing Systems
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPCS
We have 24 other meanings of HPCS in our Acronym Attic
- Handbook on the Physics and Chemistry of Rare Earths (scholarly journal)
- High Performance Computing Reliability Issues
- HPMPC (Hydroxy 2 Phosphonomethoxy Propyl Cytosine) Peripheral CMV (Cytomegalovirus) Retinitis Trial (AIDS study)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (book/movie)
- Hewlett-Packard Cloud Services (computing)
- High Performance Communication Server
- High Performance Computing and Simulation (symposium)
- High Performance Computing Symposium
- High Performance Computing Systems
- High Pressure Core Spray system (commercial nuclear power - Boiling Water Reactor, BWR Type)
- Hippotherapy Professional Clinical Specialist (American Hippotherapy Association; Damascus, PA)
- Health Professions Council of South Africa
- High Performance Computational Science and Engineering (workshop)
- Herndon Police Citizens' Support Team (est. 1976; Virginia)
- Health Planning Council of Southwest Florida
- Hampshire Primary Care Trust (UK)
- Harrow Primary Care Trust (UK)
- Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell Transplant
- Hester Poker Chip Tool (pediatric pain assessment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A recent example of this is the DARPA partnership with Sun Labs to research and develop technologies for innovative high productivity computing systems (HPCS) capable of addressing Department of Defense (DoD) high-performance requirements.
The High Productivity Computing Systems (HPCS) initiative managed by DARPA is akin to the Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative (ASCI) undertaken by the US Department of Energy to drive supercomputing technology from the hundreds of gigaflops to the hundreds of teraflops level in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
today announced Sun has been awarded a 12-month contract by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) for the High Productivity Computing Systems (HPCS) program to assess and develop technology solutions to address future Department of Defense (DoD) high- performance requirements.
HPCS is the United States' Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) High Productivity Computing Systems program.
Gustafson was a senior scientist and a principal investigator for the Sun Microsystems High Productivity Computing Systems (HPCS) program.
The demonstration project targets rates of hundreds of gigabits per second over optical fiber lines and is related to Cray's participation in the DARPA High Productivity Computing Systems (HPCS) program, which aims to develop high performance computing systems with sustained performance of one petaflop (million billion calculations per second) on real-world applications by 2010.
3 million in funding from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) for the second phase of DARPA's High Productivity Computing Systems (HPCS) initiative.