At the heart of these machines is a turbocharged high pressure direct injection Volvo diesel engine that offers maximum power of 279 hp (EC340D/EC380D), and 343 hp (EC480D) respectively.
What does HPDI stand for?
HPDI stands for High Pressure Direct Injection
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPDI
We have 3 other meanings of HPDI in our Acronym Attic
- High Power Density Focusing Optics (Castelo Enterprises, Inc.)
- High-Performance Data Fabric (computing)
- High-Performance Debugging Forum (UK)
- Highest Practical Dose and Frequency (medication research)
- High Power Density Focusing Optics (engraving)
- Housing and Planning Delivery Grant (UK)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (fiction)
- Halton Peel District Health Council (Canada)
- Harmonic Power Doppler Imaging (medical technology)
- Health Products Distributors, Inc. (Oracle, AZ)
- Highest Posterior Density Interval
- Highway Planning and Design Institute (China)
- Human Performance Development International (Romania)
- Hale Page Diamond Lake (Minneapolis, MN community organization)
- Hawaiian Plant DNA Library (est. 1992)
- High Pressure Decorative Laminate
- High-Powered Diode Laser
- Human Periodontal Ligament
- Holographic Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal
- Harry Potter Draco Malfoy (slash fanfiction pairing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Westport will supply High Pressure Direct Injection (HPDI) technology and Caterpillar the engines, to develop a natural gas fuel system.
0 litre common rail HDi engine, a high pressure direct injection unit that can average more than 50mpg on a good run.
The engine uses advanced high pressure direct injection technology to deliver flexible performance, which, with a 0-62mph time of just 10.
Yet at the same time the high pressure direct injection allows it to blast from 0-62mph in a fraction over 10 seconds.
Peugeot claims the high pressure direct injection diesel version of its new car, which will be imported via its UK headquarters in Coventry, has achieved a big breakthrough with a "clean" engine.