Scientists at Purdue University set out to confirm the presence of high molecular weight plasminogen molecules in milk and to see if other forms are present in milk at even higher molecular weights.
What does HMW stand for?
HMW stands for High Molecular Weight
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMW
We have 37 other meanings of HMW in our Acronym Attic
- Helmet Mounted Vision System
- Her Majesty's Victorian Ship
- High Moisture Vapour Transmission
- Halleiner Motorenwerke (German; Austrian motorbike manufacturer)
- Haste Makes Waste
- Hazardous Material Warning
- Health, Morale, and Welfare (US DoD)
- Healthy Maine Walks
- Helms Mulliss & Wicker (Wilmington, NC)
- High Maintenance Woman
- Highly Modular Workplan
- Hitachi Magic Wand (massage device)
- Holocaust Memorial Week
- Homewood (Amtrak station code; Homewood, IL)
- Hotline for Migrant Workers (Tel Aviv, Israel)
- How might we
- Humboldt Marble Weekend (California)
- High Molecular Weight Fraction I
- High Molecular Weight Melanoma-Associated Antigen
- High Molecular Weight Nerve Growth Factor
Samples in periodicals archive:
020 Digilab's sample preparation procedure offered provided a high enrichment of peptides in biological samples while eliminating high molecular weight protein content, thus enabling a uniquely high sensitivity for peptides in mass spectrometric analyses.
The three species include two high molecular weight species (H.
High molecular weight elastomer compounds such as silicone plasticizers are restricted from leaching out by the film barrier, and the coating also prevents external solubilizing chemicals from degrading an elastomer.
A new injection molding grade of HIPS combines high molecular weight with flow enhancers for a rheology that is self thinning, rather than relying on shear thinning at gates.
White water coagulants: Mills have used coagulants or low molecular weight polymers with high charge densities for many years to neutralize contaminant charge, fix dyes, promote high molecular weight retention flocculants, increase drainage, remove color, treat broke, neutralize wood containing stock, and neutralize recycle paper.
Reference Material (RM) 8456, an orthopedic grade Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE), became available in October 2000.