According to Raytheon, the TOW missile is set up on over 4,000 launch platforms comprising the Army Stryker, Bradley Fighting Vehicle System and High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (Humvee).
What does HMMWV stand for?
HMMWV stands for High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV is a trademark of AM General LLC; aka HUMVEE, also a trademark of AM General LLC)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 7 other meanings of HMMWV in our Acronym Attic
- Hypermedia Management Schema
- Harvard-MIT Math Tournament
- Hazardous Materials Manager-in-Training
- Marine Medium Helicopter Training Squadron (US Marine Corps)
- High Molecular Mass Unreactive P
- Hakon Mosby Mud Volcano
- Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles (Lexington, Nebraska)
- High Mobility Military Vehicle (common but incorrrect, see HMMWV)
- High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle
- Help Me Mister Wizard
- HSDPA Multicarrier Multilink Extensions (wireless data technology)
- Health Management Network (health insurance)
- Health Metrics Network (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Hemmings Motor News
- Hereditary Motor Neuropathy (disease)
- Hermandad Mexicana Nacional (Spanish: National Mexican Brotherhood; California)
- Holistic Moms Network (Caldwell, NJ)
- Hereditary Motor Neuronopathy (Distal Hereditary, with Vocal Cord Paralysis
- Hawaii Macadamia Nut Association
- Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Associates
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] THE military's High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle, also known as a "HMMWV" or "Humvee," will continue to be made in the United States, by an American-owned company.
Mason Trophy is the High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle Recapitalization Program at Red River Army Depot, Texas.
Mason Depot Maintenance Excellence Award recipient is the High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) Recapitalization Program at Red River Army Depot, Texas.
The missing equipment included several five-ton trucks and High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles.