High mobility group box 1 protein (HMGB1) maintains the nucleosome structure and regulates gene transcription, can be released by necrotic cell or activated innate immune cells (Lotze and Tracey 2005).
What does HMG stand for?
HMG stands for High Mobility Group (protein)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMG
We have 180 other meanings of HMG in our Acronym Attic
- Hazard Mitigation Grant (US FEMA)
- Heavy Machine Gun
- Help Me God
- Hemagen Diagnostics, Inc. (former stock symbol; now HMGN)
- Her/His Majesty's Government (British Government)
- Heritage Medical Group (Pennsylvania)
- Herring Media Group, Inc.
- Heschong Mahone Group, Inc. (California)
- High Maintenance Girlfriend
Samples in periodicals archive:
ABSTRACT : The high mobility group AT-hook1 (HMGA1) proteins are known to be related to the regulation of gene transcription, replication and promotion of metastatic progression in cancer cells.