The order comprises four Humvees manufactured by AM General, seven M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems manufactured by BAE Systems, and 600 rockets of various sorts and ranges, mostly manufactured by Lockheed itself.
What does HMARS stand for?
HMARS stands for High Mobility Artillery Rocket System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HMARS
- Humanities (course)
- Hawk Migration Association of North America
- Hazardous Material Afloat Program
- Herd Management Area Plan (animals)
- High Mass Methyl-Accepting Protein (biochemistry)
- History of Marine Animal Populations
- Hazardous Material Authorization Request
- Heat Mediated Antigen Retrieval
- Human Muscle Aldose Reductase
- Hemodynamically-Mediated Acute Renal Failure
- Hospital Mutual Aid Radio System (Washington, DC)
- Heavy Metal Appreciation Society (blog)
- His/Her Majesty's Australian Ship
- Historical Mystery Appreciation Society (Townson, MD)
- Holding My Aching Sides (laughing)
- Honda Multi-Action Suspension System (motorcycles)
- Honda Multi-Action System (front fork)
- His Majesty's Armed Tender (Norfolk Island)
- His Majesty's Australian Transport
- Histogram Matrix (log file technique)
Samples in periodicals archive:
GMLRS-U is a solid-propellant artillery rocket deployed from the M270A1 and the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System mobile launch vehicles.
EARLY-entry forces are a step closer to quicker delivery of field artillery fire to the battle-held, thanks to capabilities of a new rocket launcher--the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System.
10 million for the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System.
The Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS), is a C-130 transportable, wheeled, all weather, indirect fire, rocket/missile system that is capable of firing all rockets and missiles in the current and future MLRS family of munitions.