People assume the site only sells high mileage vehicles on their last legs, but we also sell low-mileage, nearly-new as well as the occasional vintage vehicle.
What does HMV stand for?
HMV stands for High Mileage Vehicle
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HMV
We have 35 other meanings of HMV in our Acronym Attic
- Hospital Municipal Universitario Japones (Bolivia)
- Haarlem Model United Nations
- Harvard Model United Nations
- Hazardous Materials Unified Program Agency (San Francisco Department of Public Health; California)
- High Mobility Utility Vehicle
- Hybrid Multiplex (FDDI)
- Halo Music Video
- Hazardous Materials Vault (military vault for dangerous materials)
- Heavy Maintenance Visit
- Heavy Military Vehicle
- High Mobility Vehicle
- High Molecular Weight
- High Mountain Village (gaming)
- His Master's Voice
- Horror Music Video
- HUD (Department of Housing and Urban Development) McKinney-Vento
- Hydraulics Main & Vital
- Hazard Mapping and Vulnerability Assessment
- Historic Medford Village Association (Medford, NJ)
- Historic Modified Vehicle Association (Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Alvey, 50, bought high mileage vehicles at auction, clocked them and re-sold them with a large mark-up.
He has held the Guinness World Records mark for High Mileage Vehicle since 2002 and was the first person to hold that record.
as most of the Chronicle vans were very high mileage vehicles.
He explained the budget rise did not take into account fuel price rises, added cost of servicing high mileage vehicles in rural areas and insurance increases.
There is a downside as dealers report decreased demand for older, high mileage vehicles.
Cars were high mileage vehicles of relatively recent construction.
While initial tensile strength, modulus and elongation are of secondary importance, the percent retention of these properties after extended exposure to actual service fluids is critical to gasket performance, especially in high mileage vehicles.