Dr Carter will also tour the hospital's new Endeavour Unit, a radiotherapy centre which is part of a pounds 35m cancer redevelopment, as well as the oncology ward, high dependency unit, and orthopaedics.
What does HDU stand for?
HDU stands for High Dependency Unit
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HDU
We have 31 other meanings of HDU in our Acronym Attic
- High Definition Television
- Home Depot Television
- Hard Disk Unit
- Harley-Davidson University (service school operated by the factory)
- Hazardous Device Unit
- Head-End Distribution Unit
- Health Development Unit (UK and Australia)
- Heat Dissipation Unit
- Helmet Display Unit
- Hemodialysis Unit
- High-Density Urethane
- Himeji Dokkyo University (Japan)
- Home Dialyzors United (patient organization)
- Homeless Diversion Unit (New York City)
- Hong Duc University (Vietnam)
- Horizontal Drive Unit
- Hose and Drogue Unit (air to air refueling)
- Hose Drum Unit (air to air refueling)
- Hot Death Uno (game)
- How Dare You (Internet slang)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is being treated at the high dependency unit in Dewsbury and District Hospital.
The 18-year-old Everton defender was yesterday transferred from intensive care to the high dependency unit at Dublin's Mater Hospital after a marked improvement in his condition, and could be discharged at the weekend.
However, doctors have downgraded his condition to stable and moved him out of intensive care into a high dependency unit.
The staff on both the High Dependency unit and Dulas Ward were exemplary in their care for my wife during her illness and to me during a very stressful time.
A SERVICE of remembrance for friends and relatives of patients who died on intensive care and high dependency units will be held by St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.