3-litre petrol engine with Dual Variable Valve Timing-intelligent (VVT-i) and a high compression ratio of 11.
What does HCR stand for?
HCR stands for High Compression Ratio
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCR
We have 116 other meanings of HCR in our Acronym Attic
- Health Care and Retirement Corporation (now HCR Manor Care, Inc.; Ohio)
- Health Care Reengineering
- Health Care Reform
- Heart Center of the Rockies (Fort Collins, CO, USA)
- Height to Crown Ratio (trees)
- Hernando County Road
- High Chemical Resistant
- High Chief Ranger (Ancient Order of Foresters)
- High Color Ratio (US Air Force)
- High Commissioner for Refugees (UN)
- High Consistency Refining (energy)
- High Consistency Rubber
- High Contrast Recording
- High Cross Range
- High Current Resistant/Resistance
- Highway Contract Route (US Postal Service)
- Hill County Road
- Hitachi Chemical Research Center (Irvine, CA)
- Hodge Computer Research Corporation
- Holiday Club Resorts (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A high compression ratio could reduce some of the surface pores on the wood so that less water permeates into the wood than with a low compression ratio.
0-litre petrol engine with 163bhp that has a few remarkable features, among which is an extremely high compression ratio of 14:1.
This scheme is a hybrid method that combines the good energy-compaction property of DCT with the high compression ratio of VQ-based coding.
However, even with very high compression ratios, there will always be some expense to transmit information across a network.
This type of wear is more likely to occur when the screw has a high compression ratio.
Unfortunately, gasoline will not operate at such high compression ratios.