There are few regions in the world known to be high background radiation areas due to local geology and geochemical effects that cause enhanced levels of terrestrial radiation .
What does HBRA stand for?
HBRA stands for High Background Radiation Area
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBRA
We have 1 other meaning of HBRA in our Acronym Attic
- Hot Buttered Rum
- House Budget Resolution
- Human Behavioral Representation
- Hybrid Block Repair
- Hydrobromide Acid
- Hyperbilirubinemia (newborns)
- Hybrid Block Repair - Fault Collection
- Hybrid Block Repair - Spare Block Allocation
- Hammond Beeby Rupert Ainge Architects (Chicago, IL)
- Heil-Brice Retail Advertising (California)
- Home Builders and Remodelers Association (various locations)
- Howard Buford Recreation Area (Oregon)
- Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Cape Cod (Massachusetts)
- Has Been Reviewed and Concurred With
- Home Builders and Remodelers Association of New Hampshire
- Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Northern Vermont (Williston, VT)
- Hidup Bersama Risiko Bencana (Indonesian: Living with Disaster Risk)
- Hawke's Bay Regional Council (New Zealand)
- Helsinki Brain Research Center (Helsinki, Finland)
- Herefordshire Biological Records Centre (est. 2003; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Apparent lack of cancer susceptibility among residents of the high background radiation area of Ramsar, Iran: can we relax our standards?
Epidemiologic studies of health effects in populations living in high background radiation areas show no increase in public health effects that may be attributed to radiation exposure (National Research Council 1990).