According to an IAF release, her condition could have easily deteriorated into High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema (HAPO), a threatening condition that can only be averted by early evacuation to lower altitudes and immediate medical attention.
What does HAPO stand for?
HAPO stands for High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HAPO
We have 2 other meanings of HAPO in our Acronym Attic
- High Altitude Parachute Life Support System
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan (Henry Ford Health System)
- High Availability Port Monitor
- Housing Association Performance Management (Irish Council for Social Housing; Ireland)
- Homeowners Assistance Program Management Information System
- Hamilton Area Packet Network (Canada)
- Health Access Planning Network
- Heart of America Professional Network (Kansas)
- Holiday Accommodation Parks New Zealand
- Hanford Atomic Products Operations
- High Availability Planned Outage
- Hyperglycaemia and Adverse Pregnancy Outcome (medical study)
- Helms and Peters Out Loud (podcast)
- Health Administration and Policy Program (University of Maryland, Baltimore County)
- Heavy Alloy Penetration Project
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (various locations)
- Housing Assistance Payments Program (various locations)
- Human Amyloid Precursor Protein
- Human Amyloid Protein Precursor
- Hydraulically Activated Pipeline Pigging (engineering)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Acute mountain sickness can quickly develop into the lifethreatening conditions, high altitude pulmonary oedema and high altitude cerebral oedema if not treated by descending to a lower altitude.
Around 10 climbers die from acute mountain sickness every year together with an unknown number of local porters - Kilimanjaro's summit is well above the altitude at which high altitude pulmonary oedema (HAPE), or high altitude cerebral oedema (HACE) can occur.