The dangerous mission saw Jeff's guide develop potentially fatal high altitude cerebral oedema, meaning the trip was suddenly called off as the remaining four sat at High Camp, at 5,200m (17,000ft), ready to head to the summit.
What does HACO stand for?
HACO stands for High Altitude Cerebral Oedema (altitude-related altered consciousness)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HACO
We have 5 other meanings of HACO in our Acronym Attic
- Hawaii Army Cable Network
- Healthy Ageing Campus Netherlands (Groningen, Netherlands)
- Home Access Code Number (health testing)
- Home Agent Control Node
- Horn of Africa Communities Network (Australia; refugee and migrant assistance)
- Housing Authority of the Cherokee Nation (Tahlequah, OK)
- Hawaii Association of Certified Nurses Aides (Honolulu)
- Hearing Aid Compatibility Negotiated Rulemaking Committee (TIA)
- Healthy Active Central Oregon
- Hertfordshire Association of Cultural Officers (UK)
- Human Action Community Organization (Harvey, IL)
- Human Adaptation and Countermeasures Office (NASA)
- Heart of America Corvair Owners Association (Missouri)
- Housing Authority of the City of Loveland (Colorado)
- Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles
- Hacker against child pornography
- Hazard Analysis Critical Point
- Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Housing Authority of the City of Pueblo (Pueblo, CO)
- HTTP AICC CMI Protocol
Samples in periodicals archive:
Around 10 climbers die from acute mountain sickness every year together with an unknown number of local porters - Kilimanjaro's summit is well above the altitude at which high altitude pulmonary oedema (HAPE), or high altitude cerebral oedema (HACE) can occur.
He later discovered he had developed the deadly high altitude cerebral oedema, which causes the brain to swell and can lead to fatal coma if victims fall asleep.