It can be dangerous and lead to high altitude cerebral edema (swelling of the brain) or pulmonary edema (water in the lungs).
What does HACE stand for?
HACE stands for High Altitude Cerebral Edema
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HACE
We have 15 other meanings of HACE in our Acronym Attic
- Housing Authority of the City of Dania (Florida)
- Housing Authority of the County of Dauphin (Pennsylvania)
- Houston Association for Communication Disorders
- Human Adaptation Countermeasures Division (US NASA)
- Hungarian Association for Community Development
- Hyten Automotive Components Division
- Hank Aaron Chasing the Dream Foundation
- Hawaii Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Health and Career Education
- Hepatic Artery Chemotherapy Embolization
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement (Chicago, IL)
- Hispanic Association of Contractors and Enterprises (Hispanic Federation, Inc.)
- Home and Community Environment (rehabilitation utility assessment)
- Hispanic American Center for Economic Development
- Haemophilus aphrophilus, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Cardiobacterium hominis, Eikenella corrodens, and Kingella kingae (group of fastidious, gram-negative, aerobic bacilli)
- Highly Accurate Cost Estimating Model (software system)
- Hispanic Association of Communications Employees of SBC (Southwestern Bell Coummunications)
- Housing Authority of the City of El Paso (Texas)
- Hispanic American Center for Economic Research (Washington, DC)
- Hispanic American Commitment to Educational Resources (Ronald McDonald House Charities)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Untreated, AMS can develop into a life-threatening condition called High Altitude Cerebral Edema (HACE) or swelling of the brain.
Severe consequences include high altitude pulmonary edema and high altitude cerebral edema, which are both medical emergencies.