The Hieroglyphic Luvian sign for 'sky, heaven' and for 'bowl', conventionally rendered 'CAELUM', has the shape of a shallow bowl (reflecting the conception of the sky in bowl shape); it appears in self-referential inscriptions ("this bowl") on two silver bowls of second-millennium Anatolian provenance (Hawkins 1993, 1997, 2005).
What does HLuv stand for?
HLuv stands for Hieroglyphic Luvian (linguistics)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HLuv in our Acronym Attic
- Health Law Unit (Legal Aid Society)
- Healthy Living Unit (student housing)
- High Level Utilities
- High-gain Line Unit (Hekimian)
- High-Level Unit
- Hsi Lai University (Rosemead, CA)
- Housing, Land Use, Environment and Transportation Committee (Santa Clara County, California)
- Hamilton Linux User Group
- Husker Linux Users Group (University of Nebraska–Lincoln)
- Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The magisterial and epoch-making new edition of Hieroglyphic Luvian texts of the first millennium by David Hawkins has now led to two new introductions to the language, one of which is reviewed here.
Melchert analyzes the Hieroglyphic Luvian Inscription of the Sudburg, maintaining, unlike D.