In the body, we form ribose through the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) or through the hexose monophosphate shunt.
What does HMPS stand for?
HMPS stands for Hexose Monophosphate Shunt
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMPS
We have 3 other meanings of HMPS in our Acronym Attic
- Her Majesty's Papua New Guinea Ship
- Hepatic Metastases from Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Her Majesty's Passport Office (UK)
- High-Mass Protostellar Object
- Herbal Medicinal Products Platform Austria
- Hank Muddley Power Quartet (Dutch band)
- Haunted Mississippi Paranormal Research
- Health and Medicine Policy Research Group
- Harvard Medical Practice Study
- Hereditary mixed polyposis syndrome
- His/Her Majesty's Pakistan Ship
- Hot Melt Pressure Sensitive (adhesive)
- Hydrographic Multibeam Processing System
- Hot Melt Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive
- Hazard Mitigation Planning Team (various locations)
- Hazardous Materials Packaging and Transportation
- Hexamethylphosphoric Triamide
- Human-Factors, Manpower, Personnel, & Training
- Himpunan Masyarakat Peduli Transmigrasi Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesia Transmigration Community Care Association)
- Hull Mission Processor Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
The only RBC source of reduced NADPH is the hexose monophosphate shunt pathway, the initial step of which is catalysed by enzyme G6PD (9).