Gregory Gordon Carr Gibb alleges that he has suffered respiratory problems, rashes and other injuries characteristic of exposure to hexavalent chromium.
What does HEX stand for?
HEX stands for Hexavalent
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HEX
We have 3 other meanings of HEX in our Acronym Attic
- Humanitarian Early Warning System (Inter-Agency Standing Committee; UN)
- Higher Education Workplace Skills Olympiad (Australia)
- Hanford Employee Welfare Trust (Richland, WA)
- Hanbury Evans Wright Vlattas Company
- Higher Education Workers Victoria Award (Australia)
- Hightstown East Windsor Youth Baseball League (New Jersey)
- Heat Exchanger (for cooling electronic equipment)
- Helsinki Stock Exchange
- Hogwarts Extreme (Harry Potter)
- Hydraulic Excavator (Caterpillar)
- Uranium Hexafluoride
- Hexenuronic Acid
- High Energy X-Ray and Gamma-Ray Observatory for Nuclear Emissions (University of California, Berkeley)
- Hexosaminidase B
- Helicopter External Cargo Snubbing System
- High Energy X-Ray Experiment
- Hexagonal Field Effect Transistor
Samples in periodicals archive:
From February, the National Immunisation Programme (NIP) of the ministry will include a liquid hexavalent combined vaccine against diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus, poliomyelitis, haemophilus influenzae type B (HIB) and hepatitis B.
A carcinogenic form of chromium, hexavalent chromium, was found in some dietary supplements, according to new tests by ConsumerLab.
Byline: Aftab Kazmi, Bureau Chief Al Ain: Sunflower oil has been tested positively at the UAE University for being an effective and environment-friendly way for removing Chromium Hexavalent or Cr(VI) contamination from ground water sources and industrial waste.
CCA fixation, monitored by hexavalent chromium reduction, was much faster in heartwood than in sapwood; copper and arsenic fixation in heartwood appeared to be incomplete, regardless of the duration of the fixation time.
9781583215777 Hexavalent chromium removal using anion exchange and reduction with coagulation and filtration.
A white paper from the United Air Specialists, Cincinnati, provides specific guidance on how to comply with OSHA specifications on hexavalent chromium and minimize harmful exposure through air filtration.