The final rule adds dimethyl carbonate, benzotrifluoride, and hexamethyldisiloxane.
What does HMDSO stand for?
HMDSO stands for Hexamethyldisiloxane
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Homology Database
- Hotel Management Diploma Program (various universities)
- Hydroxymethylenediphosphonic Acid
- Hazardous Materials Data System
- Head Mounted Displays (virtual reality)
- Helmet Mounted Display System
- Hexamethyldisilazane (adhesive used in photo resist in VLSI process)
- Hospital Morbidity Data System (Department of Health; Western Australia, Australia)
- Husky Mounted Detection System
- Hyperbolic Multi-Dimensional Scaling
- Hanford Multipurpose Thermoluminescent Dosimeter
- Holocaust Memorial Day Trust (London, England, UK)
- Elliptical Mercury Vapor (lighting)
- Handheld Microgravity Experiment
- Happy Meal Ethernet (UNIX driver)
- Hazard-Measuring Equipment
- Hazardous Materials Endorsement (US FEMA)
- Health Maintenance Examination
- Health Management Education
- Health, Medical, and Environmental
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hexamethyldisiloxane (98%, HMDS) was bought from Quzhou Aocheng Chemical Co.
Hexamethyldisiloxane was used as a siloxane precursor for the atmospheric plasma deposition of siloxane coatings on substrates of three different categories: paper, polyethylene-coated paper, and textile materials (woven cotton fabric and polypropylene nonwoven).
Examples of ``chemicals of concern'' include: # Brominated flame retardants, which have been found in breast milk and are suspected of interfering with hormone systems; # Hexamethyldisiloxane, which can be found in some cosmetics; # BHT, which has a number of uses, including as an antioxidant in food products; # Pigment Yellow 83 - a pigment used in printing, plastics and paints.
FIGURE 10 gives an argon sputter depth profile generated from a silicon oxide layer on aluminum, formed by air plasma polymerization of hexamethyldisiloxane.
Using hexamethyldisiloxane and zinc oxide as precursors, weather-resistant thin films were deposited on wood substrates by cold plasma chemical vapor deposition process.
Cosmetic Fluid 6510-ID INCI name: Hexamethyldisiloxane (and) dimethicone Use levels: 30-95% Applications: Hair care, skin care, body care, delivery systems Comments: Silicone delivery system for topical active raw materials like retinol, analgesics, menthol, methyl salicylate.
Cold plasma coating of timber with hexamethyldisiloxane (HMDSO) has been used to increase the dimensional stability and surface hydrophobicity of wood.