The materials at play - graphene and hexagonal boron nitride - have been merged into sheets and built into a variety of patterns at nanoscale dimensions.
What does HBN stand for?
HBN stands for Hexagonal Boron Nitride
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBN
We have 25 other meanings of HBN in our Acronym Attic
- Herd Bulk Milk Somatic Cell Counts
- Human Bone Marrow Stromal Osteoprogenitor Cells
- Hamburger Branchen Medien Vertriebsgesellschaft (German: Hamburg Media Industries; online directory)
- Humboldt Bay Municipal Water District (California)
- Brinell Hardness (metallurgy)
- Handmade Beauty Network (trade organization)
- Hate by Numbers (Internet video series)
- Health Building Notes
- Health-Based Numbers
- Herbalife Broadcast Network
- HomeBrew Network (gaming)
- Hot Boxing News (website)
- Hermosa Beach Neighborhood Association (California)
- Home Based Newborn Care (India)
- Heparin Binding Neurite-Promoting Factor
- Heparin Binding Neurotrophic Factor
- Homi Bhabha National Institute (India)
- Hutterian Broadband Network, Inc.
- Hummingbirds of New Mexico (Silver City, NM; nonprofit preservation society; est. 1994)
- Human Brain Natriuretic Peptide
Samples in periodicals archive:
The researchers discovered that a very tiny amount of hexagonal boron nitride (h-BN) particles, two-dimensional cousins to carbon-based graphene, suspended in standard transformer oils are highly efficient at removing heat from a system.
Byline: ANI Washington, March 2 (ANI): Scientists at Rice University, US, have found a way to stitch graphene and hexagonal boron nitride (h-BN) into a two-dimensional quilt that offers new paths of exploration for materials scientists.