Serum and fat samples were analyzed for three chemical classes of lipophilic persistent pollutants: a) OCPs thexachlorobenzene (HCB), hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH) and its isomers y-HCH and 13-HCH, oxychlordane, cis- and trans-nonachlor, cis- and trans-chlordane, and p,p'-dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (p,p'-DDT) and its metabolites p,p'-dichlorodiphenyldichloroethylene (p,p'-DDE) and o,p'-DDT]; b) polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) congeners 47, 99, 100, 153, 154, and 209; and c) PCB congeners 18, 28, 44, 49, 52, 66, 74, 87, 99, 101, 114, 118, 128, 138, 146, 149, 151, 153, 156, 157, 167, 170, 172, 177, 178, 180, 183, 187, 189, 194, 195, 196, 201, 206, and 209.
What does HCCH stand for?
HCCH stands for Hexachlorocyclohexane
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCCH
We have 9 other meanings of HCCH in our Acronym Attic
- Harvard College Consulting Group
- Health Care Consulting Group
- Heavy Catalytic Cracking Gasoline
- Hemispheres Compliance Consulting Group, LLC (Morristown, NJ)
- HERMES Critical Care Group (Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
- Haines City Citrus Growers Association (Florida)
- Highlands County Citrus Growers Association, Inc (Florida, USA)
- Hague Conference / Conférence de la Haye (Hague Conference on Private International Law)
- Health Care Center for the Homeless (Orlando, FL)
- Henry County Court House (Mt. Pleasant, IA)
- Highlands County Coalition for the Homeless, Inc. (Sebring, FL)
- Hill Country Christian Homeschoolers (est. 1999; Comal, TX)
- Houston Convention Center Hotel Corporation (Texas)
- Hennepin County Community Health Department (Minnesota)
- Harlem Congregations for Community Improvement, Inc.
- Haut Conseil de la Coopération Internationale (France)
- Heritage-Crystal Clean, Inc. (Elgin, IL)
- Homogeneous Charge-Compression Ignition
- Human Capital Composite Index (VaLUENTiS)
- Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Samples in periodicals archive:
The chemicals added are chlordecone (pesticide), hexabromobiphenyl (flame retardant), alpha hexachlorocyclohexane and beta hexachlorocyclohexane (by-products of lindane production), lindane (insecticide), tetrabromodiphenyl ether and pentabromodiphenyl ether (flame retardants), hexabromodiphenyl ether and heptabromodiphenyl ether (flame retardants), perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS), its salts and perfluorooctane sulfonyl fluoride (PFOSF) (stain repellants and fire fighting foams) and pentachlorobenzene (unintentional production during combustion and industrial processes).
Lindane and other hexachlorocyclohexane isomers are reasonably anticipated to be human carcinogens based on sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity in experimental animals (IARC 1979, 1982, 1987, NCI 1977).
1016/S0883-2927(981 00035-3 Li BG, Cao J, Liu WX, Shen WR, Wang X J, Tao S (2006) Geostatistical analysis and kriging of Hexachlorocyclohexane residues in topsoil from Tianjin, China.
The herbicide list included aldrin, cis-chlordane, trans-chlordane, oxychlordane, p,p'-DDD (4,4'-DDD), p,p'-DDE, (4,4'-DDE), o,p'-DDT (2,4'-DDT), p,p'-DDT (4,4'-DDT), dieldrin, endrin, heptachlor, heptachlor epoxide isomer B, hexachlorobenzene, hexachlorocyclo-hexane (BHC) [alpha]-isomer, hexachlorocyclohexane (BHC) [beta]-isomer, hexachlorocyclohexane (BHC) [gamma]-isomer (lindane), hexachlorocyclohexane (BHC) [sigma]-isomer, methyl pentachlorophenyl sulphide (MPCPS), pentachloroani-line and pentachloronitrobenzene (quintozene).
However, persistent use of insecticides since introduction of DDT in 1955 resulted in precipitation of resistance against DDT and also against other alternative insecticides such as hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH) and malathion used in public health spray (4-6).
Effects of the beta-isomer of hexachlorocyclohexane on estrogen-sensitive human mammary tumor cells.