Point-of-use Total Viable Bacteria enumeration methods often use a Heterotrophic Plate Count of a 1 ml sample.
What does HPC stand for?
HPC stands for Heterotrophic Plate Count
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPC
We have 350 other meanings of HPC in our Acronym Attic
- Hearth Products Controls (est. 1975)
- Heat Pump Centre (Sweden)
- Heavy Particle Cannon (gaming)
- Hemangiopericytoma (sarcoma)
- Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells
- Hendricks Power Cooperative (Indiana)
- Hereditary Prostate Cancer
- Heritage Presbyterian Church (Mason, OH)
- Hermann Park Conservancy (Houston, TX)
- Hertz Prestige Collection (Hertz Corporation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] The specific objectives of our study were a) to determine the levels of heterotrophic plate count (HPC), coliforms, E.
252, indicating that there was no statistically significant difference in the make-up water heterotrophic plate count (HPC) between device trials.
High frequency ultrasound (HFU) was not effective in reducing heterotrophic plate count (HPC), total coliform count (TCC), or Listeria spp.
Heterotrophic plate counts were also conducted using the pour plate method.
The main problem, which the utility has yet to solve, was caused by heightened Heterotrophic Plate Counts (HPC) in the water coming out of the taps at the west Eugene building.
Heterotrophic Plate Counts Indicator Another bacterial indicator commonly used in conjunction with the total coliform and fecal coliform tests is the heterotrophic plate count (HPC), also referred to as the total bacteria count, the standard plate count, or the agar plate count (Salvato et al.