They revealed then that a type of superfast, high-current transistor known as a heterojunction bipolar transistor can emit useful amounts of infrared light.
What does HBT stand for?
HBT stands for Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBT
We have 62 other meanings of HBT in our Acronym Attic
- Healthcare Business Services Group, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Honours Bachelor of Social Work (Lakehead University; Canada)
- Hospital Bed Safety Workgroup
- Harvard Business School Working Knowledge (web site)
- Half Bow-Tie (antenna type)
- Hanbury-Brown-Twiss (interferometer)
- Hand Brake Turn (Australia)
- Hardball Talk (baseball; (National Broadcasting Company)
- Heflex Bioengineering Test
- Herring Bone Twill
- Hitit Bilgi Teknolojileri (Turkey)
- Holistic Body Training (UK)
- Holy Bible Trivia (game)
- Home Based Transcription
- Home Brew Talk (website)
- Home Business Tips (ezine)
- Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender (sexual orientation)
- Hostage Barricade Team (police)
- Houston Belt and Terminal Railway Company (also abbreviated as HB&T)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The divide-by-2 and divide-by-4 circuits were designed by BAE Systems and manufactured in Vitesse's second generation Indium Phosphide Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor process (VIP-2(TM)).