Shingles is an infection caused by the herpes zoster virus in the spinal nerves.
What does HZV stand for?
HZV stands for Herpes Zoster Virus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HZV
- Hills Zone Sports Association (Australia)
- Hasicsky Zachranny Sbor Mesta Ostravy (Slovak: Ostrava City Fire Brigade)
- Hrvatski Zbor Sportskih Novinara (Croatian Society of Sports Journalists)
- Helicoverpa Zea Single Nucleocapsid Nuclear Polyhedrosis Virus
- Hnutie Za Slobodu Prejavu (Slovak: Movement for Freedom of Expression)
- High-Z Supernova Search Team
- Hrvatske Zajednice Samostalnih Umjetnika (Croatian: Croatian Community of Independent Artists)
- Het Zuidelijk Toneel (Dutch)
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology (China; also seen as HUST)
- Hausarztzentrierten Versorgung (Family-doctor-centered Healthcare, Germany)
- Herpes Zoster-Varicella
- Horen, Zien & Zwijgen (Dutch: Hear, See and Keep Silent; proverbial teaching)
- Hrvatski Zavod za Zapošljavanje (Croatian: Croatian Employment Service)
- Hrvatski Zavod za Zdravstveno Osiguranje (Croatian: Croatian Institute for Health Insurance)
- Hrvatski Zavod Za Zdravstveno Osiguranje (Croatian: Croation Institute for Health Insurance)
- Current (electronics)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Minnesota (designates original point of circulation of a dollar bill)
- Imagery (often associated with satellite remote sensing)
- Imaginary number; the square root of -1
- Immediate (precedence level)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study has challenged the long-held belief that patients are protected from a recurrence of the herpes zoster virus, which causes shingles, after one episode.
Herpes zoster virus, which causes chicken pox, often reactivates in adutls, causing shingles--a painful, burning rash.
In both studies, antiviral treatment stemmed the spread of the herpes zoster virus and resulted in statistically and clinically significant reductions in the risk of PHN.
Answer: Shingles is caused by the Herpes Zoster virus.
Shingles is caused by the herpes zoster virus, which is hidden in the nerves after a bout of chickenpox.