2) Among immunocompetent individuals, 10-25% may have herpes zoster ophthalmicus (HZO).
What does HZO stand for?
HZO stands for Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HZO
- Head Zombie in Charge
- Huludao Zinc Industry Co., Ltd. (China)
- Hazleton, Pennsylvania (Airport Code)
- Het Zeeuwse Landschap (Dutch: The Zeeland Landscape; Netherlands)
- Hindustan Zinc Limited, Inc. (zinc producer; India)
- Hindustan Zinc Ltd. (Udaipur ,India)
- Hohenzollerische Landesbahn AG (German)
- Houd Zijpe Leefbaar (Dutch: Keep Zijpe Livable; Zijpe, Netherlands)
- Hitachi Zosen Myanmar (Japan)
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge
- Herpes Zoster Oticus
- Hot Zone Online Blog
- Human Zona Pellucida
- Human Zona Proteins
- Hnuti Za Primou Demokracii (Czech: Movement for Direct Democracy)
- Human Zipper Protein Kinase (enzyme)
- Heraeus Zhaoyuan Precious Metal Materials Co., Ltd. (Chinese business)
- Huizhou Zhurun Wiring Systems Co., Ltd. (China)
- High-z Radio Galaxies
- Hereford Zone Recreation and Parks Council (White Hall, MD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Herpes zoster ophthalmicus (HZO) is a potentially devastating visual disease with variable presentation caused by the re-activation of a latent infection of the trigeminal ganglion by the VZV.