RNASEL - This gene is associated with hereditary prostate cancer and is associated with apoptosis (programmed cell death), inflammation and the ability of cells to proliferate and stick to each other (hallmarks of cancer growth).
What does HPC stand for?
HPC stands for Hereditary Prostate Cancer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPC
We have 350 other meanings of HPC in our Acronym Attic
- Health Promotion Coordinator
- Health Promotion Council of Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Healthpoint Capital, LLC (New York)
- Hearing for Probable Cause
- Hearth Products Controls (est. 1975)
- Heat Pump Centre (Sweden)
- Heavy Particle Cannon (gaming)
- Hemangiopericytoma (sarcoma)
- Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells
- Hendricks Power Cooperative (Indiana)
- Heritage Presbyterian Church (Mason, OH)
- Hermann Park Conservancy (Houston, TX)
- Hertz Prestige Collection (Hertz Corporation)
- Heterotrophic Plate Count
- Hewlett Packard Consulting
- High Performance Cluster
- High Performance Coatings, Inc.
- High Performance Computer
- High Performance Computing
Samples in periodicals archive:
Familial prostate cancer accounts for 20%-26% of cases, and hereditary prostate cancer strikes about 7 years earlier than sporadic cases.
Johns Hopkins' researcher Bill Isaacs and I have been looking at hereditary prostate cancer genes.
black families included in the new study had the mutant gene, which the researchers have dubbed hereditary prostate cancer 1.