Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary said in a report that both the authority and Gwent Police had comprehensive plans in place for the handover and had actively involved local authorities and other partners in the process.
What does HMIC stand for?
HMIC stands for Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HMIC
We have 11 other meanings of HMIC in our Acronym Attic
- Hypnosis Motivation Institute
- Mercury Medium-arc Iodides (lighting technology)
- Human Machine Interface/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
- Homes for Mentally Ill Adults (Bulgaria)
- H. Mceachern International Consulting (Canada)
- Hazardous Material Indicator Code
- Hazardous Materials Incident Commander
- Head Man In-Charge
- Health Management Information Consortium (National Health Service, United Kingdom)
- Healthcare Management Innovation Center (Arlington Heights, Illinois)
- Hospitality Mutual Insurance Company (Westborough, MA)
- Hybrid Microwave Integrated Circuit
- His/Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Court Administration (UK)
- Homeless, Mentally Ill, Chemical Misusing
- Hazardous Materials Incident Contingency Plan
- Half-Maximal Inhibitory Dose
- Hazardous Material Inventory Database
- Health and Medical Informatics Digest (magazine)
- Home Mortgage Interest Deduction (US)
- Hazardous Material Inventory Database 2 System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary warned forces in Lincolnshire, Devon and London's Met would be unable to do their jobs because of the cuts.
Assistant Chief Constable Mark Milsom informed the committee that Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary will be visiting West Yorkshire in the forthcoming month, focusing on the force's capability to conduct normal business during the Olympic period.
A report by Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary and Her Majesty's Crown Prosecution Service Inspectorate found that tens of thousands of crooks are wrongly dealt with by way of "out of court disposals".
Many forces are unprepared to meet public order needs, Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC, which descended into chaos, marked a shift in the intensity of public protests and "a new period of public order policing", the inspectorate said.
There were more than 6,500 incidents of anti-social behaviour recorded by police in Wales and England every day in December and a report by Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary last year found that some communities were "becoming used to things we should not have become used to".
Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary rated the Northumbria Police area as having the second worst crime rate for serious sexual offences in the country.
Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary said the incident should have been recorded as an assault.