Both are now consigned to Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition, and yet are still desperately hoping for a return to power, with Nicola as the leader of the opposition.
What does HMLO stand for?
HMLO stands for Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HMLO
- Hard Metal Lung Disease
- Herd Mange/Lice Elimination (animal health)
- Historic Munhall Library Estates (Munhall, PA)
- Hungarian Metal Link Exchange
- High Methionine Low Folate (clinical experiment diet)
- Human Myelodysplasia/Myeloid Leukemia Factor 1 (gene)
- Harden Murrumburrah Landcare Group (Australia)
- Hazardous Marine Life Injuries (Divers Alert Network course)
- Hierarchical Multivariate Linear Model
- High Marsh/Low Marsh
- Home Mortgage Lending Online
- Hospital Municipal Los Olivos (Peru)
- High Mast Light Pole (luminary support structure)
- High Mastery Low Performance (composition strategy)
- High-speed Multi-Layer Protocol (videoconferencing/telecommunications)
- Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant (municipal electric utility; Hingham, MA)
- Home Modification Loan Program (Massachusetts)
- Hull Municipal Light Plant (municipal electric utility; Hull, MA)
- Hereditary Myopathy of Labrador Retrievers (muscle disorder)
- His/Her Majesty's Land Registry
Samples in periodicals archive:
As Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition in Ottawa, Mulcair's job is to present a credible, viable alternative to the team on the opposing front benches.
His role in the shadow cabinet is an important one that aims to ensure Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition is keeping track of its political opponents' actions and offering policy alternatives to Canadian voters.
That's not called being Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition.
Which isn't the kind of King Kong Conservatism we're used to, with Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition beating its hairy chest, then bashing the Government over every one of its policies.
It has to get its act together or someone else will have to apply for the post of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition.
The Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition has been so utterly 'loyal' to the Prime Minister that the prospect of warfare has been greeted with deafening silence from the Tories.
HER MAJESTY'S LOYAL OPPOSITION By the time the referendum on the Charlottetown Accord rolled around, Brian Mulroney had become the most unpopular prime minister in Canadian history.