It followed the merger of Inland Revenue and HM Customs and Excise Departments.
What does HMCE stand for?
HMCE stands for Her Majesty's Customs and Excise (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HMCE
We have 2 other meanings of HMCE in our Acronym Attic
- Houston Mission Control Center
- Heart of Maryland Classic Chevy Club (Mount Airy, MD)
- Hickman Mills Community Christian Church (Kansas City, MO)
- Historian and Museum Civilian Career Program (USAF)
- Hazardous Materials Compliance Division (Santa Clara Department of Environmental Health; California)
- Hybrid Multifunction Control-Display Unit
- Hartmath for Windows CE (software)
- Harvard Model Congress Europe
- Hawaii Medical Center East (Honolulu, HI)
- Hazardous Materials Compliance and Enforcement
- Her/His Majesty's Customs and Excise (UK)
- Heterogeneous Multiple Channel Environment
- Higher Malaysian Certificate of Education
- HIV Medicine Credentialing Examination (American Academy of HIV Medicine)
- Hangzhou Motorola Cellular Equipment Co. (China)
- Hydrogen Mitigation Controlled Exhaust System
- Harvest Moon Community Farm (Scandia, MN)
- High Molecular Weight Colour Fraction
- Hospital Municipal Cardoso Fontes (Brazilian hospital)
- Hypergolic Maintenance and Checkout Facility (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A FARMER who was helping a neighbour with silage making has won a landmark victory against HM Customs and Excise over the right to use red diesel for the work.
HM Customs and Excise have an arrangement with the MoD to occupy the building until March 2006.
Strathclyde Police and HM Customs and Excise are investigating the find.
The matter only came to light after a routine inspection by HM Customs and Excise Officers into the accounts of one of Hobbs' clients, where it was noticed that he had some very high value invoices.
After the hearing, HM Customs and Excise spokesman Mark Powell said: "Mr Peake has learned the hard way that smuggling is a crime that is taken very seriously by the courts.