Telbivudine is a single pill taken orally, once-a-day, with or without food to suppress replication of hepatitis B virus.
What does HBV stand for?
HBV stands for Hepatitis B Virus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBV
We have 66 other meanings of HBV in our Acronym Attic
- Huntington Beach Union High School District (California)
- Hospital Bahagia Ulu Kinta (Malaysia)
- Huntington Beach Underground Pancrase (California)
- Hardware Blocking/Unblocking Reception
- Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Haskell Bottom Up Rewrite Generator
- Hattiesburg (Mississippi)
- Hardware Blocking/Unblocking Sending
- Handel Banken und Versicherungen (Labor Union Trading, Banking, Insurance)
- Health-Based Value (safety measurement)
- Heterostructure Barrier Varactor
- Hietsu Beach Volley (Finland)
- High Biological Value
- Holz Beton Verbund (German: Wood-Concrete Composite)
- Honor-Based Violence (form of domestic violence)
- Human Behavioral Variables
- l'Harmonie Beaulieu-Vayrac
- British Columbia Hobby Brewers and Vintners Association (Canada)
- Hose Bibb Vacuum Breaker
- Hepatitis B Virus Core
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although she was a healthy hepatitis B virus carrier and negative for serologic markers of hepatitis A and C, testing upon admission showed elevated levels of liver enzymes (alanine aminotranferase 752 IU/L, aspartate aminotransferase 507 IU/L, and [gamma]-glutamyl transpeptidase 225U/L).
It's well established that hepatitis B virus can cause liver cancer.
have entered into an exclusive license agreement under which Pharmasset will develop and commercialize Clevudine, also known as L-FMAU, for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infections in the Americas, Europe, and other select territories.
No co-infection with HCV and hepatitis B virus was found.
Worldwide, the hepatitis B virus infects an estimated 175 million people, or one-third of those infected with hepatitis-causing viruses.