The frequent transient presence of hepatitis B surface antigen and/or hepatitis B core antibody indicated that these subjects were indeed heavily exposed to hepatitis B virus throughout their childhood and adolescence.
What does HBsAg stand for?
HBsAg stands for Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (biochemistry)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of HBsAg in our Acronym Attic
- Hydrogen Burn Survivability
- Haas Business School Association
- Harvard Business School Association
- Hispanic Business Students Association
- Historical Breechloading Smallarms Association (UK)
- Home Business Success Academy
- Human Bifid Sorbitol Agar
- Harvard Business School African-American Alumni (Massachusetts)
- Harvard Business School Association of Boston (Belmont, MA)
- Hepatitis B Surface Antibody
- Harvard Business School Association of Hong Kong
- Harvard Business School Association of Orange County (California)
- Harvard Business School Association of Southern California
- Hamilton Bay Sailing Club (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- Harvard Business School Club (alumni organization; various locations)
- Health and Behavioral Sciences (University of Colorado, Denver)
- Health Behaviour in School-Aged Children (World Health Organization)
- Heartbreak Suicide (band)
- Hermosa Beach Soccer Club (Los Angeles, CA)
- Honours Bachelor of Science (degree)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since shortly after its discovery as the "Australia antigen" (1), hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) has been the principal target for laboratory testing to identify active infection by HBV.
The VITROS [R] Immunodiagnostic Products Anti-HBs Reagent Pack and Calibrators (VITROS Anti-HBs assay) is for the qualitative in vitro determination of total antibody to hepatitis B surface antigen (anti-HBs) in human serum using the VITROS ECi Immunodiagnostic System.
All of the patients had tested positive for hepatitis B surface antigen (HbsAg) during pregnancy, indicating active infection and suggesting they could transmit the virus to their fetuses, he reported at the annual meeting of the Pacific Coast Obstetrical and Gynecological Society.
According to earlier studies, nearly all Taiwanese children who have liver cancer also test positive for a hepatitis B surface antigen, as do 70 to 80 percent of adults with liver cancer.
Tests for hepatitis B surface antigen, antibodies to hepatitis C virus, HIV, cytomegalovirus antigenemia, rheumatoid factor, and antinuclear antibodies were negative.
Liver transplant recipients have been found for the first time to develop antibodies to hepatitis B surface antigen following prophylaxis with lamivudine only said Dr.