Even more encouraging was a study of 204 Thai children who were immunized at birth and born to chronically infected hepatitis B surface antigen-positive mothers.
What does HBs stand for?
HBs stands for Hepatitis B Surface
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBs
We have 176 other meanings of HBs in our Acronym Attic
- Health and Biological Sciences
- Heart Beat Sensor (Rainbow Six game tool)
- Heart Beat Signal (Broadband internet connection, Australia)
- Heatpipe Bimodal System
- Heilbronn Business School (Germany)
- Heinrich Boell Stiftung (German Political Foundation)
- Hemoglobin S
- Henrietta Barnett School (UK)
- Henry Barnard School (Providence, RI)
- Henry Bradshaw Society (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The researchers also tested blood from 18 patients and 54 controls for hepatitis B surface antigen, an indicator of hepatitis B infection.
According to earlier studies, nearly all Taiwanese children who have liver cancer also test positive for a hepatitis B surface antigen, as do 70 to 80 percent of adults with liver cancer.
Liver transplant recipients have been found for the first time to develop antibodies to hepatitis B surface antigen following prophylaxis with lamivudine only said Dr.
Care of the pregnant woman involves routine maternal screening for hepatitis B surface antigen.
The researchers tested the serum for hepatitis B surface antigen, a protein churned out by the virus.