GelSite polymer binds to and stabilizes a subset of heparin-binding growth factors and cytokines, including bFGF (basic fibroblast growth factor) and KGF (keratinocyte growth factor).
What does HBGF stand for?
HBGF stands for Heparin-Binding Growth Factor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBGF
We have 4 other meanings of HBGF in our Acronym Attic
- Huddersfield Business Generator
- Huntington Botanical Gardens (California)
- Huntsville Botanical Garden (Alabama, USA)
- Hurricane Biker Girls (San Diego, CA)
- Highridge Banana Growers Association (Kenya)
- Histo-Blood Group Antigens
- Homeward Bound Greyhound Association (Cincinnati, OH)
- Human-Based Genetic Algorithm
- Hero Builder's Guidebook (Dungeons and Dragons gaming)
- Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center (San Antonio, TX)
- Heparin-Binding Polypeptide Growth Factor
- Humboldt Botanical Gardens Foundation (Eureka, CA)
- Hawaii Big Game Fishing Club
- Historic Blooming Grove Historical Society (Dane County, WI)
- Historic Burying Grounds Initiative (Boston, MA)
- Historically Black Graduate Institution (various schools)
- Holson Burnes Group, Inc. (Rhode Island)
- Health-Based Guidance Level (for drinking water)
- Historically Black Greek Letter Organizations
- Home Blood Glucose Monitors
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pituitary follicular cells secrete a novel heparin-binding growth factor specific for vascular endothelial cells.
The conjugates contain a polypeptide that is reactive with an FGF receptor, such as bFGF, or another heparin-binding growth factor, cytokine, or growth factor coupled to a nucleic acid binding domain.