The Hepworth Wakefield, Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Leeds Art Gallery and Henry Moore Institute, all in West Yorkshire, have some of Europe's best modern art displayed in outstanding settings.
What does HMI stand for?
HMI stands for Henry Moore Institute (Leeds, UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HMI
We have 126 other meanings of HMI in our Acronym Attic
- Harvey Milk Institute (San Francisco, CA)
- Hazardously Misleading Information
- Head of Mining Installation
- Health Management & Informatics
- Healthcare Management Initiative (INSEAD)
- Healthy Marriage Initiative
- Heavy Metal Ions
- Heinzen Manufacturing International
- Helioseismic and Magnetic Imager
- Henry Mancini Institute (Culver City, CA)
- Her Majesty's Inspector (UK educational standards inspector)
- Herman Miller, Inc.
- Hetrick-Martin Institute
- High Mountain Institute (Leadville, CO)
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute
- Historic Madison, Inc. (Wisconsin)
- Historic Manassas, Inc. (Virginia)
- Hoist Manufacturers Institute
- Holistic Management International (Albuquerque, NM)
- Homewood Musical Instrument Co. (Homewood, AL, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At this small and interesting exhibition at the Henry Moore Institute of works from 1913, time and movement are frozen in wood, terracotta, bronze, serpentine and herculite, as well as oil on canvas.
In one amusing incident that I remember at the Henry Moore Institute, he was telling me about some marvellous modern minimalist exhibition.
Also see - The Royal Armouries Museum, Henry Moore Institute, Harewood House and Temple Newsam House and Farm.
Currently the curator of the Henry Moore Institute in Leeds, she will take the helm from Dr Stephen Deuchar, who will leave the gallery in December after 11 years in the role.
The fake art, created over a 17-year period, was sold by Shaun's wheel chair bound father, who managed to deceive the British Museum, Henry Moore Institute and Chicago Institute of Art as well as the great auction houses of Sotheby's and Christie's.
Then take a stroll along Headrow to the Henry Moore Institute.