The letter asks for a retraction of the meta-analysis and the accompanying editorial that appeared on line on April 28, 2008 and in the later print edition, as well as an apology to the hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier (HBOC) field.
What does HBOC stand for?
HBOC stands for Hemoglobin-Based Oxygen Carrier
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBOC
We have 19 other meanings of HBOC in our Acronym Attic
- Huff, Barrington and Owens
- Humboldt, Nebraska (airport code)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen
- Hyperbaric Oxygenation
- Hierarchical Bayesian Optimization Algorithm
- Honda Battle of the Bands (marching band exhibition)
- Harbor Boulevard of Cars
- Hawke's Bay Orienteering Club (New Zealand)
- HBO & Co of Georgia
- Hemoglobin Bovine Oxygen Carrier
- Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer
- Horse Breeders and Owners Conference
- Hunter Bird Observers Club
- Hemoglobin-Based Oxygen-Carrying Solution
- Hudson's Bay Oil and Gas Company, Limited (est. 1929; Canada)
- Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution (Florida)
- Het Begon Op Klompen (Dutch: It Started on Clogs; Dutch football club)
- Honey Bunches of Oats (breakfast cereal)
- Home Box Office Plus (East) (pay cable network)
- Home Box Office Plus West
Samples in periodicals archive:
Physiology and pharmacokinetics of a novel hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier in humans.
5 million in designated funding for the continued development of PolyHeme(R), the company's human hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier, as part of the Fiscal 2006 Defense Appropriations Bill.
Effect of the hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier HBOC-201 on laboratory instrumentation: Cobas Integra, Chiron blood gas analyzer 840, Sysmex SE-9000 and BCT.
NASDAQ: OXBT), a development stage biomedical company focused on developing oxygen-carrying intravenous and topical products, announced today that it has entered into a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the Naval Medical Research Unit of San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) to assess the safety and efficacy of Oxycyte([R]) as well as hemoglobin-based oxygen carriers (HBOC) as potential resuscitation treatments for hemorrhagic shock.
Panel on Hemoglobin-Based Oxygen Carriers Indicates Support for Continued Investigational Use Where Blood Is Not an Option CAMBRIDGE, Mass.
Faced with the continued refinement of a urine-based test to detect the use of recombinant human erythropoietin (which has been the drug of choice during the past decade) (3) and the recent commercial release of a hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier (HBOC) used to substitute for the oxygen-carrying functions of erythrocytes (4), athletes may be tempted to experiment with the latter product in an attempt to obtain a surreptitious performance advantage.
Highlights of the Fiscal Year * Northfield continues to prepare its Biologics License Application for PolyHeme([R]), the Company's human hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier for the treatment of life-threatening hemoglobin levels when blood is not available.