The second pest is hemlock wooly adelgid, which appears at the bases of the needles of branches near terminals.
What does HWA stand for?
HWA stands for Hemlock Wooly Adelgid
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HWA
We have 59 other meanings of HWA in our Acronym Attic
- Half Wave/Full Wave (electrical distribution)
- Heart Work to Left Ventricular Mass
- Hazardous Waste/Mixed Waste
- Homeworld 2 (gaming)
- Happy Wedding Anniversary
- Hardware Acceleration (computer architecture)
- Hazardous Waste Act
- Heartland Wrestling Association
- Here We Are
- High Wind Advisory
- Hilfswerk Austria (Vienna, Austria)
- Hoefer Wysocki Architects (Kansas City, MO)
- Hoes with Attitudes (rap group)
- Hold Without Action (US government licensing procedure)
- Hollow World Adventure (gaming)
- Home Warranty of America (Lincolnshire, IL)
- Horror Writers Association
- Host Wire Adapter
Samples in periodicals archive:
If you observed the browning in hemlocks, the probable cause is hemlock wooly adelgid, which is prevalent in much of the northeast.
The hemlock wooly adelgid feeds exclusively on hemlock trees by inserting its sword-shaped mouth into the base of the trees' needles and draining them of vital fluids.
It does appear that populations of insects such as the Hemlock Wooly Adelgid were reduced by winter's cold temperatures.
Erica Alemaghides Via e-mail A: It sounds like you have two enemies: vines and probably the hemlock wooly adelgid.